Roman blinds are the ideal accessory to add a unique touch to your home, so Roman blinds cleaning is essential. Maintaining its aesthetic and design adds style and presence to any room. Remember that Roman blinds are a great way to add privacy to your windows, protect your belongings from sunlight and even add elegance to your home.
No matter what kind of blinds you have, the main thing is that they should always look flawless. Remember that cleaning Roman blinds every week will keep them looking their best. Unfortunately, sometimes we forget until too late: The blinds are covered with dust or faded from the sun.
If your children have blinds in their bedroom, they’re very likely to get dirty from time to time. The good news is that you can cleaning Roman blinds with a few simple tools. There is nothing to write about the process, and the best thing is that you can keep your home looking tidy and friendly this way. Read on to learn more about how to cleaning Roman blind!
First Considerations for Roman Blinds Cleaning
If there is one thing we can be sure of, Roman blinds are a shallow maintenance window treatment. A weekly dusting is all it takes to keep them clean of dirt. However, before you start the process, you should be aware of some things:
- During cleaning, you should fully extend the shadows.
- Don’t disassemble while the louvres are clean.
- Never use abrasive detergents or stain removers as these can damage the material of the blinds.
- Don’t wash the blinds with accessories, as some parts that are stainless steel or non-galvanized can use, and the dampness of these parts can cause them to rust.
How to Clean Roman Blinds?
Roman blinds are perfect because of their beautiful designer architecture. The vibrant colours and texture options make them a sophisticated and unique choice over other blinds. There’s no doubt that Roman blinds are practical and reliable, but maintaining their beautiful aesthetic requires consistency. Keeping shadows dirt-free is essential if you want shadows to stand the test of time. Here are the steps to follow in cleaning Roman blinds:
- First, vacuum or dust the blinds with a brush or duster once a week. Be sure to pay special attention to the folds of the blinds, as dust tends to accumulate.
- Find the supplies needed for a deeper clean. These are microfiber cloth, warm water and mild cleaner or soap.
- Prepare a bucket with water and mix it with soap.
- Fully extend the louvres. In this way, you can reach all parts that need cleaning.
- Clean the blinds by pressing the cloth lightly. Use gentle left-to-right and up and down motions on all blind panels to thoroughly remove dirt.
- Never use stain remover or aggressive materials on Roman blinds as they can affect the material’s colour and quality.
- Let the blinds dry. You can use a towel to speed up the process, but it’s best to let it dry naturally in sunlight.
- Another reliable option is to send your blinds to a dry cleaner for professional cleaning. It recommends doing this from time to time to preserve the quality and colour of the blind.
As a result, you often overlook your blinds in your daily cleaning routines, but this is a big mistake. When we don’t give them the necessary care and cleaning, they start to collect dust and dirt. Cleaning the blinds isn’t a complicated task. Especially keep in mind that weekly dusting is enough to keep them clean and flawless. It takes some perseverance and time to enjoy the beauty these elements can bring to your home.